Questions and answers concerning Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is a highly concentrated hydroxyapatite gel with biomimetic hydroxyapatite (BioHAP) and calcium, to support and supplement your children’s daily oral care. Hydroxyapatite consists of the minerals calcium and phosphate and is the main component of our teeth.
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is suitable for babies and infants from when their first tooth appears.
For optimal effect, Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel should be used once a day after brushing the teeth. Apply with a finger or soft toothbrush to all tooth surfaces (only apply, do not brush) and allow it to be spread with the tongue. For easier application, apply smaller amounts of Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel several times on a finger/soft toothbrush and spreading it in the mouth. It is best to use Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel in the evening after brushing the teeth. After applying, we recommend not rinsing out the mouth. This helps Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel to work especially well overnight.
Swallowing Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is safe. Due to its similarity to the body’s own tooth mineral, the active ingredient BioHAP dissolves in the stomach and is therefore absolutely harmless.
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel contains different active substances. The combination of these active substances prevents caries, repairs and strengthens tooth enamel, protects against acids that cause caries and reduces pain sensitivity in chalky teeth (MIH).
- BioHAP acts as a mineral depot. It remineralizes tooth enamel and repairs microfine defects that may cause caries. This prevents cavities right from the start.
- The highly concentrated active ingredient BioHAP, forms a protective layer on the teeth. This makes it more difficult for bacteria to adhere to the surface and it also protects the teeth from acids.
- Additional calcium ensures that caries are prevented while at the same time supporting the remineralization of the teeth's’ enamel structure.
- BioHAP and calcium also store missing minerals in chalky teeth (MIH), thus reducing pain sensitivity and preventing susceptibility to caries.
- BioHAP also reaches places that a toothbrush cannot easily reach (interdental spaces, places around brackets in fixed braces). If plaque forms in these areas, BioHAP protects the tooth from the acids that cause caries.
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel was developed especially for children, or their parents, who want to do more for their children’s caries prophylaxis, in addition to brushing their teeth.
Furthermore, Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is suitable for:
- Children with initial caries and a high risk of caries: Mineral loss is compensated and progressive caries prevented.
- Children with chalky teeth (MIH): Chalky teeth contain less calcium than healthy teeth. Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel supplies calcium and supports the remineralization of the teeth’s enamel structure
- Orthodontic treatment with fixed braces: Prevents demineralization and neutralizes bacterial acids.
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel has a pleasant, mild citrus-mint flavour. It is ideal for daily use.
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. The gel is also gluten-free and lactose-free. The flavour contains small amounts of menthol.
The consistency of Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel is based on the main active ingredient BioHAP (biomimetic hydroxyapatite). Hydroxyapatite is the main component of our teeth. This gives the Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel its white colour. The gel consistency was especially developed to achieve optimal adhesion of the active ingredients (hydroxyapatite, calcium, xylitol) to children’s teeth. This supports remineralization of children’s teeth, improves protection against caries and reduces unpleasant sensitivity to pain in chalky teeth (MIH).
Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel can be combined with all other oral care products. In general, we recommend Kinder Karex Toothpaste with BioHAP for daily oral care for children. However, Kinder Karex Tooth Protection Gel can also be combined with other toothpastes.