Karex's active ingredient – hydroxyapatite – mimics the natural enamel. Daily rinsing with Karex mouthwash helps to promote the regeneration of weakened enamel areas and the formation of a protective layer. Zinc and xylitol have an antimicrobial effect. Thanks to its light gel-like consistency, it adheres well to the tooth enamel to boost the effect of the Karex toothpaste. As such, the Karex system comprising toothpaste and mouthwash offers modern caries prevention without fluoride, even with dry mouth.
Karex mouthwash also acts on those areas which are difficult to reach with a toothbrush and can be used each time you brush your teeth-or even inbetween.
Aqua, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Xylitol, Aroma, Disodium Pyrophosphate, Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate, Zinc PCA, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Potassium Acesulfame.
Aroma with menthol and eucalyptol
(Non-binding information. Note the listed ingredients on the packaging.)
Karex mouthwash ingredients and their function
- Remineralisation / regeneration of weakened areas of enamel and dentine
- Biomimetic biofilm management: prevents the build-up of bacteria on the tooth
- Can seal exposed dentinal tubules (on exposed tooth necks) and therefore helps to prevent sensitive teeth
- Forms a protective layer on the surface of the tooth, thereby providing additional prevention against caries
- Protection against acids, e.g. from fruit juice
- Clinically proven prevention against plaque and caries
|Xylitol||Antibacterial and therefore anticariogenic, also stimulates the flow of saliva|
|Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract||Caring ingredients that have a soothing effect on irritated mucosa and inflamed gums|
|Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate, Disodium Pyrophosphate||Potassium salts: prevent tartar formation|
|Zinc PCA, Cetylpyridinium Chloride||Antibacterial substances: tackle the remaining plaque that is difficult to reach (e.g. on the gumline). Both chemicals are highly substantive. Zinc also combats bad breath.|
|Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate,||Mild and gentle surfactant (foaming agent): this moistens the surface, distributes the active ingredient in the oral cavity and is also gentle on the mucosa|
|Provide moisture give the mouthwash its consistency (glycerin is also the main component of many natural vegetable oils)|
|Sodium Hydroxide||Sodium hydroxide sets the pH: Karex mouthwash has a saliva-neutral pH, making it particularly gentle on the teeth as well as the entire oral cavity.|
|Potassium Acesulfame||Flavour carrier|
|Hydroxyethylcellulose||Gives the mouthwash its consistency|
|Aroma||Fresh aroma with menthol and eucalyptol|
* INCI = International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients
Ready-to-use mouthwash for daily teeth and gum care – free from alcohol.
- Shake well before use so that the active substance is distributed optimally
- Dose: 10–20 ml
- Rinse for around 20 seconds. Do not rinse with water afterwards
- Do not swallow
- For children aged 6 and above (maximum 2 x daily) provided, and when they are able to rinse