Kinder Karex toothpaste
Modern caries protection with hydroxyapatite
- Hydroxyapatite = dental decay protection with a toothlike ("biomimetic") active ingredient.
- Protects and repairs the enamel
- Xylitol additionally combats bacteria and dental plaque
- Contains no fluoride, no parabens and no sodium lauryl sulphate
- Contains calcium to strengthen children teeth and protect against acids
- With an appealing, mild taste chosen by children for children
- Right from the very first tooth – also suitable for children who are not yet able to spit out toothpaste properly. Hydroxyapatite is safe if swallowed.
- Age recommendation: for children from 0 - 12 years
Hydroxyapatite – this is the substance from which our teeth are made of. It is the main active ingredient in Kinder Karex and was copied from nature. Hydroxyapatite repairs minor defects on the enamel every time the teeth are brushed, minimises the build-up of bacteria and thus provides effective protection against caries. In addition, BioHAP releases calcium to protect children teeth from acid attacks. Calcium promotes the repair (remineralisation) of microfine defects in teeth. The formula of the Kinder Karex toothpaste was developed specifically for children. The mild flavour was chosen by children for children.
Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydroxyapatite, Xylitol, Silica, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Sulfate, 1,2‐Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aroma, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate.
(Non-binding information. Note the listed ingredients on the packaging.)
Kinder Karex ingredients and their function
When developing Kinder Karex toothpaste, special care was taken to only use the ingredients which are absolutely necessary. The main ingredient in Kinder Karex toothpaste is hydroxyapatite, the formula contains no fluoride, no parabens and no sodium lauryl sulphate.
Clinically tested main active ingredient: |
- Remineralisation / regeneration of weakened areas in the enamel and dentine
- Biomimetic biofilm control: prevents the build-up of bacteria on the tooth, thus preventing caries and inflammation of the gums
- Forms a protective layer on the surface of the tooth and thereby offers additional protection against caries
- Protection against acid attacks, e.g., from fruit juices ("erosion protection")
- Toothlike: not harmful if accidentally swallowed
- Clinically proven plaque and caries protection
|Xylitol||Xylit||Antibacterial and therefore also anticariogenic|
|Hydrated Silica||Hydrated ("enriched with water") silica||
High-quality abrasive particles in Kinder Karex toothpaste: help to remove plaque mechanically when brushing teeth. |
Incidentally: There are many different abrasive particles which all are named as hydrated silica. However, these vary significantly in their quality and strength, and therefore their function.
|Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoyl glycinate||Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoyl glycinate||Mild and gentle surfactants (foaming agents): these moisten the surfaces, distribute the active substance in the oral cavity and are also gentle on the mucosa.|
|1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol||Hexane-1,2-diol, Octane-1,2-diol||Mild, organic, moisturising ingredients. They additionally give the toothpaste its consistency.|
|Silica, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Sodium Sulfate Cellulose Gum||Silica, starch, sodium sulphate, cellulose||Gives toothpaste its consistency and solidity|
|Aroma, Limonene||Flavourings, lime aroma||Tested by children for children: pleasant aroma tailored to the age group with very small amounts of menthol and eucalyptol.|
* INCI = International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients
2 x daily for 2 minutes