Modern caries prevention with hydroxyapatite
- Caries prevention without fluoride, even with dry mouth / xerostomia
- Clinically proven
- Promotes the regeneration of weakened enamel areas
- Forms a protective layer
- Zinc and xylitol have an antimicrobial effect
- Calcium (a major component of BioHAP) protects teeth from acids and supports the natural remineralisation of teeth
Karex's active ingredient – hydroxyapatite – mimics the natural enamel. Daily tooth brushing with Karex helps to promote the regeneration of weakened enamel areas and the formation of a protective layer. When bacterial acids attack the teeth, BioHAP releases calcium to protect the teeth from being dissolved by acids (demineralisation). In addition, remineralisation (replenishing calcium in the teeth) is promoted. Additionally, Karex has an antimicrobial effect with zinc and xylitol to prevent plaque formation. Thus, Karex offers modern caries prevention without fluoride, even with dry mouth.
Aqua, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydroxyapatite, Xylitol, Hydrated Silica, Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate, Silica, Aroma, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Zinc Chloride, Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
The aroma contains menthol and eucalyptol.
(Non-binding information. Note the listed ingredients on the packaging.)
Karex ingredients and their function
- Remineralisation / regeneration of weakened areas of enamel and dentine
- Biomimetic biofilm management: prevents plaque formation on the tooth
- Can occlude exposed dentinal tubules (on exposed tooth necks) and therefore helps to prevent sensitive teeth
- Forms a protective layer on the surface of the tooth, thereby providing additional prevention against caries
- Protection against acids, e.g. from fruit juice
- Clinically proven prevention against plaque and caries
|Xylitol||Antibacterial and therefore anticariogenic, also stimulates the flow of saliva|
High-quality abrasive: abrasives, together with brushing, mechanically remove plaque|
As a side note: there are many different abrasives, all of which are referred to as hydrated silica. However, these vary in their quality and strength, and therefore their function.
|Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate||A potassium salt: prevents tartar formation|
|Zinc Chloride, Cetylpyridinium Chloride||Antibacterial substances: tackle the remaining plaque that is difficult to reach (e.g. on the gumline). Both chemicals are highly substantive|
|Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate||Mild and gentle surfactants (foaming agents): these moisten the surface, distribute the active ingredient in the oral cavity and are also gentle on the mucosa|
|Glycerin||Provides moisture and gives the toothpaste its consistency (glycerin is also the main component of many natural vegetable oils)|
|Phosphoric Acid||Phosphoric acid sets the pH: Karex toothpaste has a saliva-neutral pH, making it particularly gentle on the teeth as well as the entire oral cavity.|
|Silica, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Cellulose Gum||Gives toothpaste its consistency and solidity|
|Aroma||Fresh aroma with menthol and eucalyptol|
* INCI = International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients
2 x daily for 2 minutes